17. It’s a small world. You will meet the same people over and over. So if you’re bad at remembering names, start practicing now.
Ryan Struyk (’14) graduated from Calvin with majors in political science and mathematics. He currently covers the 2016 elections for abc News in Washington. He’s also done political polling in New York City and reported on the Idaho state legislature for the Associated Press in Boise. In his free time, Ryan enjoys talking about inferential statistics, music theory, and his beloved Detroit Tigers.
It’s not always easy chasing after whichever field God points you toward, especially if the words “vile” or “sordid” sometimes apply.
Welcome to 2016. Today, internships during college are becoming just as important – if not more important – than college classes and your GPA. Here are a few things I got right (and several I didn’t) and how to get what you want out of an internship.
But mathematics at its best is a pursuit into the unknown, equipped with a few tools with which you are familiar and a solution that requires an innovative use for them.
So rather than make a list of tasks to chase this year, I made a list of people to be. This year isn’t going to be about performing a longer to-do list. It’s about becoming a different person.
But gratitude isn’t meant to be reserved for one day—and certainly not a panic-filled moment after Thanksgiving dinner. Because the day before Thanksgiving is where we spend our lives. Let’s live today with tomorrow in mind.
How can you tell whether you’re looking at a good poll or a bad poll? Here is a layperson’s guide to a few of the building blocks of a good public opinion poll – and how to quickly and easily tell what kind you have on your hands.
Day after day, the actions of Pope Francis nudged at me and called me to be a better person. To live with integrity. To, quite literally, practice what we preach.
Mumbling “what have I done” to myself in my closet-sized Queens apartment with my suitcase only half-unpacked on the floor is not exactly my proudest life moment.
- What Not to Wear by Katie Van Zanen
- The Case of Novak Djokovic by Klaas Walhout
- The Amateur Canadian’s Guide to Life North of… by Laura Sheppard Song
- The Pessimist’s Guide to the Graduate Seminar by Chad Westra
- Yes, Steve from Blue’s Clues Made Me Cry by Finnely King-Scoular
- Pondering Punctuation, from Least to Most Delightful by Courtney Zonnefeld
- Welcome to Nowhere Specific, Midwest, USA by Courtney Zonnefeld