On the seventh day, God rested. He’d had a big week—you know how it goes.
Josh Parks graduated from Calvin in 2018 with a BA in English literature and violin performance, and he completed an MA program in medieval studies at Western Michigan University in 2020. He is currently a student at Princeton Theological Seminary, which means his plans to be in school forever are working out well. When not writing, he can be found playing violin, drinking coffee, making excruciating puns, and trying to learn Old French.
These live-action remakes might not always succeed in being great stand-alone movies, but maybe that’s not a fair standard to hold them to.
I can make completely brilliant points, crack absolutely hilarious jokes, and ask ridiculously insightful questions and get absolutely no response from my students. What’s up with that?
And maybe that’s what Star Wars movies are now—a portal to a world we love.
- The Center is Not Here by Natasha (Strydhorst) Unsworth
- Cohabitating My Way to Hell by Jon Gorter
- Sacrificing My Soul on the Altar of Gay Porn by Annaka Koster
- When Your Vagina Doesn’t Work—and You’re Married by Anonymous
- Thank You, Neland Avenue by Katie Van Zanen
- The Non-Reproductive Church by Jack Kamps
- Anarcha by Meg Schmidt