While the myth of the lone genius is dangerous for the successful artist, it is absolutely cruel to the aspiring artist.
Courtney Zonnefeld graduated in 2018 with a degree in writing. She currently lives in Grand Rapids, Michigan, where she works for Eerdmans Books for Young Readers. In her free time, she enjoys reading, baking, and saving up for more herb plants. You can usually find her wandering a farmer’s market, hunting for vintage books, or browsing the tea selection in coffee shops.
When the show released its most recent episodes on US Netflix earlier this month, I of course hit play as soon as I could. But I—like hundreds of others tweeting and otherwise panicking on social media—immediately noticed a difference.
- I Think Your Intentionally Hairless Body Is Weird by Gwyneth Findlay
- Chocolate & Homage by Hannah Riffell
- You Will Get Pregnant and Die by Katie Van Zanen
- Morning Walks by Ansley Kelly
- The Toilet by Gabrielle Eisma
- Netflix Left Me Unpersuaded by Juliana Knot
- Hey Susannah, You Don’t Need to Carry… by Susannah Boersma