On good days, I remember that a job is just a job and that sometimes jobs change.
Ben DeVries (’15) graduated with degrees in literature and writing. He and his wife Jes, a fellow Calvin grad, live in Champaign, Illinois, where Ben is looking to add some letters behind his name. On the academic off-seasons, he reads fantasy and works as a glorified “go-fer” at the Champaign Park District. He’s been known to make a mean deep-dish pizza.
I don’t see what the big deal is.
In many respects, Hummingbird Salamander is a typical VanderMeer story. Except when it isn’t.
Law and order, but only certain laws and certain orders.
What about this particular tweet and this particular act of terror—over all the other tweets and all the other acts of terror, domestic and international, that routinely dominate our feeds—prompted 2.4 million Twitter users to tap a heart-shaped icon?
- Option X by Laura Sheppard Song
- The Dog-Man Question by Sam Tuit
- Ten Songs About Being in Your Twenties by Kayleigh (Fongers) Van Wyk
- I’m Thankful for Dua Lipa by Joshua Polanski
- The Heart Is a Muscle by Katerina Parsons
- Welcome to the 1-800-GRADSCHOOL Hotline by Anna Jeffries
- Portrait of an Alcoholic by Paul Menn