We receive a hearty “Welcome, hullo! Glad you’re here!” from the blueberry man, who is sitting in a plastic patio chair next to an old truck filled with boxes and buckets.
Paula Manni (‘13) works as Arts Programming Coordinator and is an arts advocate for the Calvin College community. She enjoys throwing parties on the side, and fills in the gaps with wine making, music listening, museum visiting, and Michigan exploring.
Last week, I spent an hour and nineteen minutes with an onion. Inspired by Robert Capon’s twenty-two-page chapter on the theological implications of mindful onion contemplation, I came prepared for a reflective and mystical experience.
There are seventeen weeks until summer—take the time to thank a local grower, and spend some quality time with an onion. Warm weather will be here soon.
- Option X by Laura Sheppard Song
- The Dog-Man Question by Sam Tuit
- Ten Songs About Being in Your Twenties by Kayleigh (Fongers) Van Wyk
- I’m Thankful for Dua Lipa by Joshua Polanski
- The Heart Is a Muscle by Katerina Parsons
- Welcome to the 1-800-GRADSCHOOL Hotline by Anna Jeffries
- Portrait of an Alcoholic by Paul Menn