What happens when Jenn Langefeld actually means failed writer? I imagined stepping into editorial meetings and my real name slipping out. “Oh, you’re her? Scratch that contract.”
Jenn Langefeld graduated from Calvin in 2006 and charged into a life of full-time novel writing. She is currently working on an exuberant, adventurous trilogy for middle grade readers. She writes under her great-grandmother’s name, Lucy Flint, and blogs about making a lionhearted writing life at lucyflint.com.
I need to find a farmers’ market for writers, where I can pick up armfuls of raw paper, measure out markers and pens. Bring home the overflowing crates and get to work. I’ll chop the paragraphs and dice adjectives (pick out the stray adverbs that fell in).
- What Not to Wear by Katie Van Zanen
- The Case of Novak Djokovic by Klaas Walhout
- The Amateur Canadian’s Guide to Life North of… by Laura Sheppard Song
- The Pessimist’s Guide to the Graduate Seminar by Chad Westra
- Yes, Steve from Blue’s Clues Made Me Cry by Finnely King-Scoular
- Pondering Punctuation, from Least to Most Delightful by Courtney Zonnefeld
- Welcome to Nowhere Specific, Midwest, USA by Courtney Zonnefeld