I’m not always good at saying what I mean to say, so here: Mom likes to tell me how you could soothe my crying as a baby by carrying me around the house, pointing out people in picture frames, and telling me stories about them.
Cassie Westrate (’14) graduated with a double major in writing and international development studies. She currently lives in West Michigan, where she works as a writer, hangs out with her pet bird, and fights crime by night. Just kidding about the crime.
While I may have left the country a little more informed, I was mostly confused and overwhelmed about how to live life in a broken world with eight billion people who all needed food, clean water, shelter, education, and community.
The scale runs from zero to five cheeses, with five cheeses reigning supreme for the lamest pick up lines and most predictable plots. Warning: contains spoilers.
The woman in the white sedan will go home, call her best friend, and say: “I started crying in the drive-thru today, and they gave me extra napkins.”
Let the sky be wide open and full of good possibilities. Wonder why the sky is blue. Wonder how the earth suspends in space. Wonder how you came to live under this beautiful blue sky in this small corner of the universe.
- Option X by Laura Sheppard Song
- The Dog-Man Question by Sam Tuit
- Ten Songs About Being in Your Twenties by Kayleigh (Fongers) Van Wyk
- I’m Thankful for Dua Lipa by Joshua Polanski
- The Heart Is a Muscle by Katerina Parsons
- Welcome to the 1-800-GRADSCHOOL Hotline by Anna Jeffries
- Portrait of an Alcoholic by Paul Menn