What you are about to hear is strange, or so I hear: I had always thought I wouldn’t like California. Yes, California. Not Ohio. Not South Dakota, or Kansas, or one of those middle states.
Calah Schlabach (’09) is a Calvin graduate who—let’s just be honest—majored in cross country and track while minoring in English and writing. After a year or so of global wandering, she discovered the sport of triathlon. Calah is currently working as a professional triathlete.
This past Saturday, I was humbled. I did what I think was my fourteenth triathlon. I won the overall female award by quite a margin—would have beat all the men, too, if I hadn’t brought my boyfriend, Matt, along. But there was a much more impressive performance at this race.
- I Watched All 229 Episodes of Red Letter Media’s… by Isaac DeBoer
- An Order for a Business Date by Jack Kamps
- Three Bluegrass Songs for Fall by Jon Gorter
- Ten Songs About Being in Your Twenties by Kayleigh (Fongers) Van Wyk
- Ms. Patete Goes to the Laundromat by Carlisle Patete
- Prayers for Thursdays by Courtney Zonnefeld
- Homecoming by Olivia Harre