I remember thinking, with all the considerable certainty that a fifteen-year-old can muster, that if this doesn’t change us, nothing will.
Our paranormal pair spend most of the story thinking about how their relationship failed because David was bad at sex, not chasing down whoever is putting up mistletoe all over town and giving a couple folks some minor frostbite.
Listen, book, your aesthetic can’t be both “lazy Warhol knockoff” and “grandpa forced to take a photo at Ye Olde Wild West Land.”
7. Egochristicolaphobia — The Fear of Being Associated with the Word “Christian”
There isn’t much I’ve enjoyed more recently than watching Clive—Clive Snails Lewis, to give him his full title—wrap his slimy self around a carrot.
myhappysnails.com had assured me: “There is no smell in the place where snails live in.”
- You Will Get Pregnant and Die by Katie Van Zanen
- Our Alma Mater and the Year of the Event by Joshua Polanski
- “Do You Have a Disability?” by Mitchell Barbee
- Hanging Out by Olivia Harre
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Polaroid by Laura Sheppard Song
- Lover (Of My Soul): A Taylor Swift Worship Experience by Josh Parks
- Even So by Ben DeVries